June 9th, 2013

Today's slate.

The Big Hurst - Felix Hernandez

skoormit - Tom Koehler

La Osa Rosa - Jonathan Pettibone


The Big Hurst: I, too, want to leech points off King Felix sometime in 2013.
La Osa Rosa:  I'm picking young man Petticoat today. Because he's tall and sexy.
skoormit: Koehler is 0-4 but he's pitched pretty well. I think he's due for a big game.


RESULTS

The Big Hurst: This blonde.  Again.
La Osa Rosa: I think old man Petticoat must be way better than young man Petticoat.
skoormit: Bah, that gif stops just short of her reaction, which is the payoff of the whole bit.
The Big Hurst: You're right that her expressiveness is the best part.  I'm a sucker for sparkly-bubbly.  I get just enough of the reaction to make it worthwhile.  My brain fills in the gap. I searched for fifteen minutes to try and link here to a cartoon from The Far Side. In it, there are two big predator cats sitting in a tree and a tourist with a camera is about to walk by underneath.  One cat says to the other, something like, "Remember, roar just before you leap.  These things have some of the greatest expressions."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment