June 23rd, 2013

Today's slate.

The Big Hurst - Matt Cain

skoormit - Adam Wainwright

La Osa Rosa - Chris Capuano


skoormit: The late bird finds a pretty good worm today.


RESULTS

The Big Hurst: Lots of interesting stuff on YCPB.  "The Marlins won three of four against the Giants."  Yes, they're seemingly only decent when I bet against them.  I'm sure if I picked a Marlin pitcher, he'd immediately get shellacked.  "The Blue Jays have won eleven in a row, matching the franchise record.  Despite 18 runs scoring, the game was played in 2:36."  I didn't watch this game, but how is this even physically possible in the modern age of baseball?  "The Pirates have the second-best record in all of MLB."  Yes, they do.  I have to say, it's kind of nice.  And just the other day, I complained about the Mets announcers on WFAN.  It's worth noting that YCPB called Mets announcers out on another play, but added the footnote that they're "usually wonderful."  I'm not so sure, and I'm not sure how announcers get graded.  I wonder if there's another fan - like me - that isn't team loyal and listens to lots of different broadcasts and could offer an educated, neutral opinion about which announcers are good and bad?  Maybe I should make public notes about which announcers I like (e.g. KLAC, KNBR) and which ones I avoid (e.g. WCBS, WLW, XPRS) and the reasons why.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment