May 11th, 2013

Today's slate.


The Big Hurst - Stephen Strasburg

skoormit - Justin Verlander


The Big Hurst: I thought this might be easier on days when there are several big studs scheduled, but it's really not.  There's still pressure to pick the best matchup.  And it's a good lesson for life, maybe, that there are very few perfect people in perfect situations - almost everyone has weaknesses and flaws.  I think I want Stephen Strasburg unless you want to bump me.  I've had L.L. and M.M. and now S.S.  As you say, cutting edge analysis.  Surely you want Verlander, right?
skoormit: Yeah, I want Verlander. I pretty much stopped scanning the matchups when I saw Verlander. I think he's an auto-pick every time he pitches.
The Big Hurst:  I'll go on record as saying I'm not sold on Verlander.  I was very close to taking Kevin Slowey though.  Slowey over Verlander?  I am dumb.

RESULTS


skoormit: No points for nobody. Holy crap Adam Wainwright. That's twice in a row the Redbirds dominated the Rockies. Maybe they are reverse-stealing signs or something.
The Big Hurst: It doesn't get me any points, but I have a piece of paper in front of me where I was taking notes for yesterday's selection.  I narrowed it to 4: Wainwright, Bumgarner, Slowey, and Strasburg.  I chose ... poorly.  And if we'd chosen against Verlander, we'd've been in the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment