September 27th, 2013

Today's slate.

The Big Hurst - Clayton Kershaw

skoormit - Rick Porcello (bumped - no pick)

La Osa Rosa - Felix Hernandez


The Big Hurst: Hesitantly, because I think they'll have him on a short leash.  I wanted to take a pitcher on a team that's still really fighting hard, but there are darned few.  Also, I already did the Tigers and Royals.  I did the Marliners and Astros.  Today, I feel like I've got to do the actual Marliners - a combination of the Miami Marlins and the Seattle Mariners, for those of you that haven't been paying attention.  Yeah, this would be the core of a Seami or Miattle Marliner team that's very good.  Payroll combination: about $124M.  They'd need to dig up a real catcher, but what a rotation!  All those fans in Des Moines and Omaha could celebrate!
  • C Zunino (0.5 WAR)
  • 1B Smoak (0.9)
  • 2B Franklin (2.3)
  • 3B Seager (3.8)
  • SS Brad Miller (1.6)
  • UT Lucas (1.4)
  • OF Stanton (2.4)
  • OF Saunders (1.5)
  • OF Yelich (1.2)
  • OF Ackley (1.1)
  • UT/DH Morales (2.6)
  • DH Ibanez (0.9)
  • SP Iwakuma (7.0)
  • SP Fernandez (6.2)
  • SP Hernandez (5.1)
  • SP Nolasco (2.2)
  • SP Eovaldi (1.8)
  • RP Cishek (1.9)
  • RP Medina (1.8)
  • RP Qualls (1.7)
  • RP Dunn (1.6)
  • RP Webb (1.1)


La Osa Rosa: Skoormit, we forgot to tell you, but everybody gets triple points on September 26. Sorry you missed out… Today I’ll pick Felix Hernandez of the Miattle Marliners.
skoormit: Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of me making a new trophy cabinet.
La Osa Rosa: Oh how sweet, is this your first trophy?

RESULTS

The Big Hurst: A short leash, right?  And I missed by one point.  That's the story of my season.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment