September 18th, 2013

Today's slate.

The Big Hurst - Chris Archer

skoormit - Justin Verlander

La Osa Rosa - Hisashi Iwakuma



The Big Hurst: I think I (would like to) pick Koji Uehara, please.  That dude is 38.
skoormit: C'mon, Bum. You can do it.
skoormit: Trout needs 1.0 WAR in 11 games. Could happen. Such would constitute a good hot streak, but not extraordinary, I don't think.
The Big Hurst: Before 2013 is over, I'd like to remember to make a list of things I learned from Game Score Bingo.  I think that list might start with the Marliners and end with The Bum.  I think the fact that Trout is even close is kind of a big deal.
skoormit: It is a big deal. A 10.9 followed by a 9 is a lot of WAR. For a 20-21 year old to do is unprecedented. Here's a fun tidbit: Mike Trout is currently 820th on the all-time WAR list. And another: he is 0.4 WAR ahead of a prettygoodplayer who is 28 years old, has played 957 games, has won two Silver Slugger awards, and got semi-robbed of an MVP award: Matt Kemp. I'll repeat that: Mike Trout has 0.4 more WAR in his 326-game career than Matt Kemp has in his 957-game career.
The Big Hurst: That's a juicy tidbit.  I love it. I took it a step further.  If the season ended right now and he got "just" 8.0 WAR next year, he'd already have a better career as a 21-22 year old than feature players like Alfonso Soriano and Travis Hafner all the way through 36-37.  Yikes.  Talk about a target on your back.  Mr. Trout, you better watch Mo Rivera and practice up on some expert-level humility.  It's time to learn your cliches.
La Osa Rosa: C'mon bum.  You can't do it.

RESULTS

The Big Hurst: Excellent points to The Pink Bear!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment