July 4th, 2013

Today's slate.

The Big Hurst - Gerrit Cole

skoormit - Justin Verlander

La Osa Rosa - Hisashi Iwakuma


skoormit: First time I've picked the Bum in a while. First time I haven't picked the Wagon Maker in a while. Because I have a profound and esoteric process.
The Big Hurst: Baseball fired umpire Brian Runge the other day for some sort of substance violation.  For what it's worth, I had Runge as one of the most pitcher-friendly umps in the major leagues.  I don't know anything about his replacement.  Two conclusions: First, substance abuse among umpires clearly tends to correlate with a large strike zone (reflecting a permissive and liberal attitude), so we need to demonize and persecute those umpires who favor pitchers.  Second, I expect hitting to mushroom all over the league.  Goodbye, gems.  In other news, the Hand/Jordan matchup in the Brewers/Nationals game looks like amateur hour.  These two pitchers have started three major league games between them.  It's like the two managers got together and said, "Hey look, I've got nobody today.  You wanna just give some rookies a chance and see what happens?"  It's also Cole against Cole in Pittsburgh.  I can't resist that.
La Osa Rosa: I bumped into The Bum last night at Toys R Us:



RESULTS

The Big Hurst: Out of frustration with my lack of points and skoormit's hot streak, I'd like to propose that the daily administration of this blog be done by whoever is in first place. Iwakuma's ER in his last 7 starts: 0, 0, 0, 4, 4, 4, 4.  The average may be good, but the trend is awful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment