July 31st, 2013

Today's slate.

The Big Hurst - Clayton Kershaw

skoormit - Adam Wainwright

La Osa Rosa - Hisashi Iwakuma


The Big Hurst: If I wasn't so beaten down by the fact that this game is maddening, I'd say that Kershaw at home against the Yankees is a grade-A recipe for a gem.  Of course, writing that out pretty much dooms me to receive the Blarfy Kitty Award.
La Osa Rosa: I’ll pick Hisashi Iwakuma. I am very down trodden and considered not picking today, but really, how much worse could it get? I’ve already received the Blarfy Kitty Award many, many times.
skoormit: The Blarfy Kitty Award has no memory. The only recipient is the most recent recipient. And that's The Big Hurst, for backing Chad Gaudin last week.
skoormit: On Gaudin--he went from the best score in MLB on July 19th (with a 79) to the worst score in his next start, on the 24th (with a 19). I wonder just how uncommon that feat is.
The Big Hurst: "The Blarfy Kitty Award has no memory."  That's beautiful. And I'd bet it's pretty uncommon, at least, for a pitcher to shift from the top of the chart to the bottom, or vice versa, in two starts.


RESULTS

The Big Hurst: Who's this Oberholtzer guy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment